problem with my anycubic Kobra 2 Neo

a_anycubic
Go to solution Solved by a_anycubic,

Posted · problem with my anycubic Kobra 2 Neo

hello,I have a problem that my nozzle,when it does the first layer of a print just make melt the plastic of my 1st layer and all of the print unhooks the board.it does alway that.

because my nozzle don't eject plastic instantly and we have to wait a bit to eject.but it didn't hook to the board and melt on the nozzle. after that the plastic start to go like a normal but at the 2ndpass it destroy all my print. I don't found any help for that .

Posted (edited) · problem with my anycubic Kobra 2 Neo

I don't see a definition file for a NEO but the Kobra 2 definition file shows a retraction after the purge lines.

G1 E-4.5 F4800 ; Retract a little

and then just before the first layer starts Cura adds another retraction

G1 F4800 E-2

So at the start of the print the filament is -6.5mm behind the nozzle and the prime at the start of the first layer is only 2.0.

That means the filament is still 4.5mm back at the start of the print.  At .2 Layer Height and .4 line width that's about 135mm of extrusion.

Since your retraction distance is only 2.0 it's possible that the machine changed and nobody at Anycubic went back and adjusted that line.

You can try going into the Machine Settings and the StartUp Gcode and put a semi-colon in front of that retraction line.  You may get a string on the way to the skirt, but it won't be bad, and it shouldn't be in the way of the print.

Edited by GregValiant