Re: a problem with my Ender Pro 3D printer

Posted (edited) · Re: a problem with my Ender Pro 3D printer

Every time I put my SD card with my stored files into my 3D printer I get a error message from my Ender Pro printer saying the SD card is bad. When I stick the SD card in my laptop, the laptop reads the SD card and the files on it with no problem. What gives?   PS. The 3D printer has been in storage for a little over a year.  I just got the 3D printer out of storage after I moved into the larger apt.

Steve kc7byp

Edited by reble

Posted · Re: a problem with my Ender Pro 3D printer

HI! Your friendly Assistant Moderator Slashee is moving this to the "third party products" section that's a more appropriate place for it.

Your regular friend Slashee asks: are you using the SD card that came with the printer? Because the ones that Creality include with their printers are basically trash. I've never had one last more than a couple of weeks, including the same problem as you're having.

You can try fixing it (but don't count on it) by reformatting it: it needs to have a FAT32 file system and you need to set "Sector size" to 4096 bytes.

I don't know about new ones with actual brains like the K1 or the E3 V3 but the older ones (including my E3V3SE) like SD cards 4-16GB because that's the range that can have that sector size. Finding anything smaller than 16GB is practically impossible and a 16GB card will probably cost you about as much as something with four times the storage 😕

(Fortunately for me I've collected many gadgets over the years so found a decent quality 16GB card in my stash)

The 2 SD cards have worked before the 3D printer was put in storage for a little over a year and the printer worked just fine.

57 minutes ago, reble said:

The 2 SD cards have worked before the 3D printer was put in storage for a little over a year and the printer worked just fine.

Did they come with that (or another Creality) printer? Because the cards I've gotten with them work fine, until they don't. Including the exact same problem you're having. You don't have to be using a memory card for it to spontaneously fail over time (especially lower quality ones). And did you try reformatting?

On 9/3/2024 at 11:46 PM, Slashee_the_Cow said:

Did they come with that (or another Creality) printer? Because the cards I've gotten with them work fine, until they don't. Including the exact same problem you're having. You don't have to be using a memory card for it to spontaneously fail over time (especially lower quality ones). And did you try reformatting?

Posted (edited) · Re: a problem with my Ender Pro 3D printer

I got the SD cards from places like Wallmart and Best Buy. I tried re formatting the SD cards in the 32bit format. They worked fine in the laptop but not in the 3D printer. And I never ran in to this problem on the 3d printer.  The 3D printer starts up, the display comes on, the bed heats up and the nozzle heats up just fine. But I don't get ANY answer from Creality Cloud directly period.  Am I trying to get an answer from the wrong Co?

Edited by reble