Cura adds layer/roof to every print

Yulka
Go to solution Solved by GregValiant,

Posted · Cura adds layer/roof to every print

Good evening everyone!

I´ve encountered a strange problem with Cura after not having used my printers for a while. While slicing, it randomly adds roofs or layers to the print. It´s especially weird with the wolf mask, since it puts a stray layer in the middle of the snout, blocking the airways and adding tons of infill and supports to the print.

I looked up topics along the line of "Cura adds roof" in this community, all of them were because the models weren´t watertight. But I checked multiple models from different uploaders in 3D Builder and the online repair tool, none of them had any issues. Funnily enough, when I flip the wolf mask 90° - so the chin is parallel to the build plate - the weird wall disappears. The other 2 pieces remain unprintable.

Does anyone have an idea if this is a bug or a randomly activated feature? I used an older version of Cura without problems. Then this happened, I deinstalled and installed the newest one, but the roofs still stay? How do I get rid of them?

Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_3.png

Project.3mf

• Solution
    Posted (edited) · Cura adds layer/roof to every print

Before I look at the project I'm going to guess that "Remove all Holes" is enabled. 

YES!! I tell ya, no matter what my wife says, I'm awesome.

"Remove All Holes" is in the "Mesh Fixes" section.  De-select it.

I have to go do the ironing now so good luck.

Off

image.thumb.png.19f5f890907ce14900eb9eb0b7fd53bd.png

On

image.thumb.png.5103fad7762f8351f51e0151df429563.png

Edited by GregValiant

Yes! 

I saw you on the other posts and was hoping you would comment on this one!

I saw the "Fill holes" Feature mentioned in the other ones, but the setting search didn´t bring it up. I thought it was removed or merged.

Thank you, this fixed it!

I like to start fresh every project.  When you re-select a profile, Cura will ask if you want to discard any changes you might have made.  I select "Yes" and the profile goes back to my defaults.  So if I happen to use Spiralize, or Remove All Holes, or Make Overhangs Printable, etc. they get turned off and I don't get stuck wondering what the heck happened this time.

The downside to that is - every project I go through all the settings to make sure I have them just right for the current project.  Yes, it's time consuming, but I HATE having to abort a print because I didn't put the z-seam where I wanted it, or forgot to turn Bridging on, or some other thing, when another minute or two playing with the settings and I could have caught the mistake.

Good that you got it sorted out.