Build Queue feature ?

skint

Posted · Build Queue feature ?

I've often found myself pulling the SD card from my laptop, whacking it into the um2 and setting a print off, all because I'm too impatient to wait properly lol...but

Now that there is a pause feature we can make use of, a great little feature would be the ability to load a build queue into the printer.

So the print is running, I hit pause, remove sd card, load sd card into cura, add new model to sd card, reinsert back into printer, add new model to a build queue and resume.

Just thinking out loud!

Difficult to implement. But even harder to convey this feature to the user.

What you could do, is just save the GCode files local on disk, and copy those over to the SD card later. (Or, buy a 2nd SD card :-) )

Already have 5 SD cards :p

The point is Daid, that whilst a print is in progress, we can add extra build queues. I am correct in thinking that it would not be wise to remove the SD card whilst a print is in progress?

As long as we have enough filament, we could keep adding another model to the build queue, up until the bed capacity is full.

I fully understand your idea now. Would be incredibly technically difficult. On both Cura and firmware side.

Pulling out the SD card while printing aborts the print in the current implementation. That's the safest thing to do.