Faulty layer with cura

jewcookie

Posted · Faulty layer with cura

Everytime i print an object with Cura i get a layer that goes wrong. This only happens with Cura for some reason. The layer that goes wrong is almost always at the same height. Anybody knows why this happens?

As you can see in the picture the object next to it was a canceled print the faulty layer is at almost the same height as in the round object..

Anybody knows why this happens?

sl62kx.jpg

is that the silver PLA that came with the machine?

mine was faulty and made prints that look exactly like that..

and where did you get that fan shroud from? that's an interesting one I'd like to know more please,

A bit more info. There have been quite a few people with problems lately, and every single one of them had the same silver color filament we see you use for printing.

It seems this filament has an inconsistent thickness. If you have digital calipers, measure the filament at a few points, it should be the same about thickness, not differing more then 0.1mm. It should also be very round, if it isn't then you'll also run into issues.

[and where did you get that fan shroud from? that's an interesting one I'd like to know more please,

It looks like this one. I've printed it out but haven't installed it yet so can't tell you how good it works. The original fan duct that came with UM is still working great but when it goes, i'll have a replacement. ;)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:21182