Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
jkl66

First Test Print - Not Extruding??

Hi everyone,

Managed to get a test print going for the Thin Wall Box thing, but the extruder is not extruding any abs plastic?

The extruder runs the tool path but does not extrude any material as it follows the tool path. Is there some sort of setting im missing or something? also the temperature seems to decrease as its running the G-code?

If someone could do a work flow instruction or something which will just allow me to do a test print that would be great!!

I can extrude the when I manually tell it to in the control panel but just now when it runs the G-code file? Any suggestions anyone?!

Thanks everyone!

To check:

1) Is the extruder motor turning during the print? Is the bolt turning with the big gear? (my gear was slipping on my bolt during first prints)

2) The default start.gcode in some version turns the heater off! Check for M104 or M105 in your generated GCode. If they are there you could use the Temperature plugin of SF to set the temperature. Or remove them from the start.gcode and disable the temparture plugin in SF, so you can use the manual control to set the temperature before printing.

3) Which firmware are you running, I assume it's the default as you are doing first test prints. (Good, don't upgrade until you get prints to work)