Stringing, ooze, retract

misguided

Posted · Stringing, ooze, retract

It's been a while but there doesn't seem to be any definitive answer to this... so I figured that I should ask it again.

Prints have strings, blah blah blah.

• [*:3ey6bo3e]Lower print temps help, but doesn't totally remove strings.
    [*:3ey6bo3e]Same with the fan.
    [*:3ey6bo3e]I've been told that printing order helps. So infill first (since it's the densest), then loops/walls, then perimeter... Personally I haven't noticed any difference with regard to stringing (in my case at least), but the outer surface finish seems worse (blobs and such).
    [*:3ey6bo3e]Faster travel speeds help, but don't fix the problem.
    [*:3ey6bo3e]Dimension's reversal doesn't seem to work consistently, for me it ends up blobbing on pushback. And the amount of blobbing seems to be related to how long it's been travelling for, so that means a fixed pushback value doesn't seem to work. Same for speeds, the extruder will often happily retract quickly, but pushback at that same speed will cause it to lose steps.
    [*:3ey6bo3e]Disabling the extruder stepper when not it use seems to help, but I find that on prints with many jumps and small segments/loops, it extrudes too little plastic.
    [*:3ey6bo3e]Never tried oozebane since that's supposed to be a DC extruder thing (or am I mistaken?).

So, how's everyone dealing with strings these days?