Cura on new ultimaker Error Starting Code

ian

Posted · Cura on new ultimaker Error Starting Code

I finished building out first company ultimaker today at 17.00PM.

I plugged it in and installed the stanard Replicator from the ulti wiki and that worked like a tread.

The print quality was crap and I didnt play with any setting, just got it to print after a two day build.

So anyway installed the new version of Cura R4 on my computer. Installed perfect, opened a very simple box STL file and clicked print with fast ultimaker setting.

A new window opened up with the only option CONNECT.

clicked that and got a little buzz sound from the ultimaker but a second later, just get the error on start message.

I think maybe I need to install new firmware or drivers to get cura working ??

This ulti was built only a few weeks ago, so shiny new.

Any ideas where my problem might lie in using this brilliant software *Cura)

Thanks guys and best wishes from Leipzig.

Ian :D

Posted · Cura on new ultimaker Error Starting Code

Did you install the firmware that came with Cura? It's different then the RepG34 firmware. But if you want to use the RepG34 firmware, then you have to set the baudrate to 115200 in the preferences.

But I noticed on your photo that you have an UltiController, I recommend copying the GCode file to the SD card and printing with that.