Controller Cables Faulty Ulti Controller

peter--seed

Posted · Controller Cables Faulty Ulti Controller

Sorry for this late post I should have made it as soon as I assembled the printer. I did attempt to but had problems loading the images. So here goes try number 3.

Are you having a fault with your newly constructed ulti controller?

After assembling my controller and attaching it to the printer, the controller would not power up. Having read other forum posts on this issue I swapped the cable sockets on the board (it is stated that this will not damage the machine). However this did not solve the problem the screen finally received power, (blue light) but turning the control dial turned the back light off. The controller buzzer made strange noises and still no text appeared on the screen whether it was back lit or not.

The solution.

Lay your cables out flat on a desk with the plug facing up.

Check the ends of your cables and see which way the locating lugs are facing on the plug.

If the locating lugs face each other the cables have been assembled incorrectly.

The locating lugs on the cable need to face the same direction as each other not facing away from or towards each other.

If your cables are long enough you could try prising the plug apart and refitting it in the correct direction, as both of my cables were too short anyway I went down to my local supplier and bought some new ribbon and connector plugs for $10.00 AUD. Not expensive, just a hassle.

May need to check your quality control Ultimaker!

Photos to follow.

• 1 year later...
    Posted · Controller Cables Faulty Ulti Controller

Hello,

I just assembly my ultimaker original plus and had the same problem with the ulticontroller. Black squares. I am not sure if I understand your description of the flat cables. Could you please guide me to solve this problem?

Thanks