Cura won't start

nick

Posted · Cura won't start

Hi there. I am having problems opening Cura on my windows PC. When I start cura I get the splash screen and then the programme stops. If I click the icon, the programme ends and disappears. Please see the output below;

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_14.09\python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 14660, in <lambda>

lambda event: event.callable(*event.args, **event.kw) )

File "Cura\gui\splashScreen.py", line 15, in DoCallback

self.callback()

File "Cura\gui\app.py", line 99, in afterSplashCallback

from Cura.gui import mainWindow

File "Cura\gui\mainWindow.py", line 17, in <module>

from Cura.gui import sceneView

File "Cura\gui\sceneView.py", line 28, in <module>

from Cura.gui.util import previewTools

File "Cura\gui\util\previewTools.py", line 12, in <module>

from Cura.gui.util import openglHelpers

File "Cura\gui\util\openglHelpers.py", line 17, in <module>

glutInit() #Hack; required before glut can be called. Not required for all OS.

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_14.09\python\lib\OpenGL\GLUT\special.py", line 323, in glutInit

_base_glutInit( ctypes.byref(count), holder )

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_14.09\python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 14660, in <lambda>

lambda event: event.callable(*event.args, **event.kw) )

File "Cura\gui\splashScreen.py", line 15, in DoCallback

self.callback()

File "Cura\gui\app.py", line 99, in afterSplashCallback

from Cura.gui import mainWindow

File "Cura\gui\mainWindow.py", line 17, in <module>

from Cura.gui import sceneView

File "Cura\gui\sceneView.py", line 28, in <module>

from Cura.gui.util import previewTools

File "Cura\gui\util\previewTools.py", line 12, in <module>

from Cura.gui.util import openglHelpers

File "Cura\gui\util\openglHelpers.py", line 17, in <module>

glutInit() #Hack; required before glut can be called. Not required for all OS.

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_14.09\python\lib\OpenGL\GLUT\special.py", line 323, in glutInit

_base_glutInit( ctypes.byref(count), holder )

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Do you have haskell install?

(This problem happens when there is a glut32.dll in windows/system32 which isn't compattible with Cura. Haskell seems to be one of the programs that installs it there for no good reason)

Sorry, I am asking on behalf of someone and I am unsure if they have Haskell installed or not

If the DLL was installed on his PC by an other programme which requires the DLL to run, is there anyway this problem can be fixed?

Is there perhaps an other version of Cura that can get around this problem?

What would you advise?

Thanks for your help

If the DLL was installed on his PC by an other programme which requires the DLL to run, is there anyway this problem can be fixed?

Copy the DLL next to that programs executable, as that it where it should be. And then remove the one from windows/system32

Just to confirm, there is no Glut32.dll in the system32 folder but instead a Glu32.dll in the system32 folder.

Haskell is not installed on the PC. Are there examples of other programmes that would install this dll into that folder?

If the programme that installed the dll cannot be identified and thus cannot be moved to the programmes executable file, what can be done?

Are there any other solutions other than deleting this file from the system32 folder as this may affect other programmes that need it later?

Thanks for your support

Haskell is the only tool that I know right now. But most certain there will be others.

You can rename/move the file and see if Cura works then. And see which application stops working after that.

Just to clarify, there is no Glut32.dll in the system32 folder as you first mentioned. Instead there is a Glu32.dll in the system32 folder.

Should I assume it is this glu32.dll that is causing this problem and is this the file you are referring to when you say to 'rename/move the file and see if Cura works then'?

Well, maybe the glu32.dll is the culpit. But the error is coming from glut32. Another cause could be the total lack of OpenGL drivers, but that usually gives other errors.

Thanks for your help