Cura exits after splash screen

wizzycl

Posted · Cura exits after splash screen

Issue- Cura 15.01 does not start. Quits after the splash screen.

I have gone through the forums for a solution on this and a number of methods were suggested. I have tried all of them with no luck.

1. Update graphics card drivers

2. Install directx for the OPENGL libraries.

3. Remove glu32.dll from system32.

4. Copy glut32.dll to the DLLs folder in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Cura_15.01\python\DLLs

5. Uninstall Microsoft visual c++ 2008 redistributable - x86 - 9.0.30729.6161

Output.txt

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_15.01\python\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 14660, in <lambda>

lambda event: event.callable(*event.args, **event.kw) )

File "Cura\gui\splashScreen.py", line 15, in DoCallback

self.callback()

File "Cura\gui\app.py", line 103, in afterSplashCallback

from Cura.gui import mainWindow

File "Cura\gui\mainWindow.py", line 17, in <module>

from Cura.gui import sceneView

File "Cura\gui\sceneView.py", line 28, in <module>

from Cura.gui.util import previewTools

File "Cura\gui\util\previewTools.py", line 12, in <module>

from Cura.gui.util import openglHelpers

File "Cura\gui\util\openglHelpers.py", line 17, in <module>

glutInit() #Hack; required before glut can be called. Not required for all OS.

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_15.01\python\lib\OpenGL\GLUT\special.py", line 323, in glutInit

_base_glutInit( ctypes.byref(count), holder )

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

This is the error thrown repeatedly. Any help is appreciated.

The glut32.dll file you copied is most likely the wrong one, causing these issues.

Cura comes with a version in python/lib/OpenGL/glut32.dll

You need to make sure that one is loaded instead of system one. (there should be no glut32.dll in windows/system32)

I had copied the glut32.dll from the location you mentioned itself. It did not do the trick.

Since you had mentioned glut32.dll from other applications could be causing this issue, I went ahead and tried searching for other glut32.dll on the machine. Only C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation has 2 and I am guessing these are required by the NVIDIA card.

While I wait for your reply, I do have a spare machine to pursue the alternative suggested of uninstalling Microsoft redistributables, since this seemed to have worked for one of the posters. I will try that out.

Not really. Only thing I can tell is that the glut library fails to load properly. Why and how to fix is kinda impossible for me to diagnose from a distance.