Can't infill 100%

danluc

Posted · Can't infill 100%

Beside the fact that I cant seem to make a nice round circle, There is a line that doesn't seem to fill in 100%. It does it on the bottom layer but not throughout the print and the top 100% infill layer.

I'm using Slic3r, I just got the Ultimaker.

If I try to use Skeinforge test head moves but no extrusion. Its a bit more complex and involved as well.

Table is calibrated, and there is enough tension in the belts since the corners are nice, the filament retract is on 3mm since there is a play in the tube when retracting.

I tried different orientations of the part and it seems the same problem occurs leading me to believe there is something with Slic3r.

I recommend you look at your belt tension first, I can clearly see that your circles are not round and they should be. This is almost always because you don't have enough tension in your belts.

Belts shipped with the UM shouldn't sag with time and use, but they are a bit to lengthy, so you have to add some belt tensioners. There are a few designs for those on thingiverse.

So I tensioned all the belts including the ones for the motors. Now I am getting proper circles and infill BUT!

The part in the picture where there is a vertical absence of infill still occurs. Its as if the software doesnt want to get close to the perimeters. I did notice that the first 1 or 2 layers are almost perfectly filled in.

I did mess around with the speed during the build and still same result. I also changed parameters one at a time with no success. I have no idea whats going on any longer. But I am glad that the prints did improve even if not all the way.

I forgot to mention that one place I didnt investigate was the extruder. It does extrude and I figure since the actual infill is like 99% maybe the extruder is fine.

The design of the extruder is another matter. When the wheel retracts the material it has too much play in the Boaden tube thing. Anyways any help with that perimeter and infill gap thing and she's 100%.

So i'm printing circles without any problems still, but the perimeters around them wont join with the infill. Any ideas?