Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

5th Stepper

m-wakileh

Posted · 5th Stepper

Hello Daid,

I dont fully understand your question (I havent done any arduino programming or looked at the firmware). I meant as in g-code to control the 5th stepper motor, be that an extruder motor or any other motor (ie.for pick and place or abp).. How is the 5th Motor addressed (X,Y,Z,E, ? ) ? What would the actual G-code command look like for the second extruder, ie advance filament x mm or x Steps?

regards,

Michael

Posted · 5th Stepper

For a 2nd extruder you would simply change the extruder with T0 and T1 (tool switch commands) and then the E starts to drive the other motor. However, with a full 5th axes you would get X,Y,Z,E,Q or example, however this is not implemented.

Posted · 5th Stepper

Thanks Daid! I will do some testing after my vacation. Are there any safety features I need to consider / disable (max min temperature readings of the second extruder), If I wanted to drive a stepper for other uses?

best regards,

Michael

Posted · 5th Stepper

You'll need to watch out for the cold extrusion prevention and the min/max temp trigger if you want to use the 5th stepper for something else.