Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

cubic

Member
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Both Torgeir and Sander thank you for the input. It really helps. It much looks like Sander's suggestion regarding the faulty layer one third up was correct. I added some weight to the printing table and the problem was gone. Thank you. And Tongeir, thank you for explaining the thermocouple operation. I did know that but good for completeness. For my work I use thermosensors (melting plastics 😉 ) on an industrial scale. When I have to choose, I will never use a thermocouple. I simply cannot trust millivolt signals in high power installations (although I know the majori
  2. Hi Sander, It took some time; life got in the way. This photo, I think, shows that the heating cartridge and the sensor are in okay: The side view shows a more general impression. I noticed that the front (left in the picture) screw is not tight, but there is no way I can tighten it more than this. Looks like the ring of the Peek bush is thicker than the space provided. The "blood stain" on the Alu block allows for the thermal camera to be used. Recently I disassembled the nozzle from the Alu block and found that is was no contact between the Alu and nozzle in the surfa
  3. Hi Sander, Thanks for the invitation, although my first reaction was "the weight is wrong, how to photograph that?". But anyway it may be a good idea that more experienced people give their view on this. Please find two photo's attached. The left one is what started this search, so the prints before any of the actions described above. The right one is what comes out at 240°C and at 110% material in Cura. I am not unhappy with that, but it is still the weight is too low, Cura says 19 grams and it is 16 to 17 grams. Close but no cigar. Photo top view: What I think I
  4. Hi All, Although I am the first owner of my UMO, I am no way an expert. I have been making things, but I am not happy with the results. In hindsight printing always has been troublesome. Let's say mixed results. But more and more I am using the printer in projects and I have seen much better print quality than what I get. Often I have vertical outer walls not connected, or the top layer not showing a closed surface. So a simple print quality topic? No! Recently I printed 3 clamps and Cura told me they should weigh 59 grams. I doubted that and so put the clamps on the scales. It turne
  5. Hi All, Today I made a fresh install of Linux Mint 18.1 on a PC. Next I added some software like FreeCAD and Cura. Clicking Cura seems to do nothing. When I start Cura by typing cura in a terminal window, I get "/usr/bin/cura: regel 3: python3.4: opdracht niet gevonden". Good Dutch for "command not found". This is obvious because python3.5 is installed. When I modify the /usr/bin/cura script to python3.5 I get a traceback ending in: from . import multiarrayImportError: cannot import name 'multiarray' Anyone a good idea? To me it looks like Cura should be using "its own"python3.4 but
  6. @ gr5: True, no doubt about that. However the printout with-no-fan is even better to the point than the first printout. Something was very wrong in that first printout but I am not able to reproduce it. @suminvent: Please go ahead. My first question would be "does it print the same (wrong) thing every time?" As my printout was wrong just once. Cub.
  7. Hi again all, If you look at trouble as an opportunity to learn something, making mistakes is becoming a must. But so is learning from them. So I put in some time to try some of the suggestions. And again the outcome is unexpected. It seemed a good idea to just reprint the object exactly like I printed it yesterday. Same Gcode file; the SD card has not been out of the printer. The printer operates stand alone. The left one is what I got: It is my impression that the left hand side is even better than the right hand side the way the ball extends from the stem. This may be explained because
  8. Hi Again, Thanks all of you for taking your time to look at this item. Here are the requested views. In my perception there is no problem with what is shown on screen. It seems logical but the output.... slice 30: slice 51: slice 65: slice 67: slice 71: slice 80: slice 90: slice 100: slice 110: What tools can I use to investigate the gcode file? Cub
  9. Good, it is a project in its own to get a picture in the forum, but here we are: after importing the .STL into cura I saw: And this was the result: Not only is it different, but I would find it understandable if this could not be printed at all due to the large overhang. Cub.
  10. Hi All, I am using an Ultimaker 1 and Cura 14.07. I have some experience printing either self designed objects (using FreeCAD on Linux) or Thingiverse things like gears. All well, never had unexpected results. But today I designed a “mushroom”, so a 5mm stem (stick) 5mm tall and a 12mm football on top. I was a bit anxious for where the ball should start widening from the stem since it is an overhang but since the subsequent layers extend only slightly I hoped it would go. I was more than surprised to find in the printer a shape where the stem is OK (5mm diameter) but then the next layer, wh
×
×
  • Create New...