Broke my heater - need new temperature sensor

kaisudau

Posted · Broke my heater - need new temperature sensor

Hello,

I broke my heater today. I only need the temperature sensor. Can anyone tell me where I can find the type that is used in my Ultimaker or would I just ask Ultimaker to send me a new heat sensor?

I tried to change nozzles and while pulling out the sensor and the heat element... well.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers

Kai

Ah, that sucks.

You should contact the support by email. They can set you up with a new one. (I think it's custom, because the only replacement other people have found where different sizes)

Hello,

I broke my heater today. I only need the temperature sensor. Can anyone tell me where I can find the type that is used in my Ultimaker or would I just ask Ultimaker to send me a new heat sensor?

I tried to change nozzles and while pulling out the sensor and the heat element... well.

The UM is using a k-type thermocouple in a metal sheath, where the sheath has no other function than mechanical protection.

can you be more specific what you damaged exactly, and/or post a picture of the damage? you have also verified that the TC is indeed not working anymore (i.e. by taking it careful out of the heater block, and heating it up with a hairdryer, and watching the temperature in print run rise from room temp to 60C?)

• 4 weeks later...