Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
phut

Project planner crushes my prints

I was using project planner in 12.08,

I am printing two objects at the same time next to each other.

It seems that there is an issue and it's putting a zero height move command at the end of the print, which therefore tries to (or also successfully) pushes the print into the hot end and crushes my print.

I've check the G-code and found the offending line of code, it's not in the usual end section, which appears to be normal. The offending section appears to be generated by the project planner.

Anyway, I've resorted to just commenting out the offending line of code, but obviously it shouldn't be doing this and should be checked out before it destroys anybody else's prints.

Odd, I'm not seeing this.

The extra code inserted is:

;TYPE:CUSTOM;Move to next object on the platform. clear_z is the minimal z height we need to make sure we do not hit any objects.G92 E0G91                                    ;relative positioningG1 E-1 F300                            ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressureG1 Z+0.5 E-5 F9000           ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even moreG90                                    ;absolute positioningG1 Z11 F180G92 E0G1 X102.5 Y122.185 F9000G1 F200 E5G92 E0

With the G1 Z11 having a Zxxx depending on the already printed object heights. Maybe something goes wrong in that height calculation, which STL files did you try to project plan?

;TYPE:CUSTOMG1 Z0.000000 F900.000000;End GCodeM104 S0                     ;extruder heater offM140 S0                     ;heated bed heater off (if you have it)G91                                    ;relative positioningG1 E-1 F300                            ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressureG1 Z+0.5 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F9000 ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even moreG28 X0 Y0                              ;move X/Y to min endstops, so the head is out of the wayM84                         ;steppers offG90                         ;absolute positioning

Mine reads this at the end.

I believe the G1 Z0 etc. is the line that causes the issue here?

If I take the generated STL and slice it in the normal window instead it has this:

;TYPE:CUSTOM;End GCodeM104 S0                     ;extruder heater offM140 S0                     ;heated bed heater off (if you have it)G91                                    ;relative positioningG1 F300 E-1G1 X-20.0 Y-20.0 Z0.5 F9000 E-5G28 X0 Y0                              ;move X/Y to min endstops, so the head is out of the wayM84                         ;steppers offG90                         ;absolute positioning

Which I believe is normal.

The G1 Zxxx is added at the end to make sure the nozzle if above all other prints, but it's odd that it is using zero as value...

I'm seeing:

;TYPE:CUSTOMG1 Z11.000000 F180.000000;End GCodeM104 S0                     ;extruder heater offM140 S0                     ;heated bed heater off (if you have it)G91                                    ;relative positioningG1 E-1 F300                            ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressureG1 Z+0.5 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F9000 ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even moreG28 X0 Y0                              ;move X/Y to min endstops, so the head is out of the wayM84                         ;steppers offG90                         ;absolute positioningM81 ;Turn off power supply