Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
kyhoven

About to purchase a lightly used Ultimaker 2 - What should I be on the lookout for?

I have the opportunity to purchase a slightly used (50 prints) Ultimaker 2 for $1850, seller assures me it's in good condition. It was purchased 2 months ago. I'm going to go look at it later today and maybe pick it up.

Are there any less obvious things I should be looking for?

Version/Generation issues? Wear unique to the machine? etc?

Can't wait to get printing!

Shipping can be vicious! Make sure the 4 feet sit on a flat surface without rocking. Sometimes it is so warped that two of the top corners are significantly higher than the other 2 corners and so it prints instead of in a flat plane, it prints in a saddle shape along the diagonal. It's difficult to make the glass into the same shape (but you can do it by putting washers under 2 corners).

You don't need the receipt - just the serial number and then you can send a personal message to sander to check. Or contact support.ultimaker.com with the serial number in your message. Hopefully you will get an answer within a day. Or call them - they usually answer the phone during normal working hours Netherlands time and speak english incredibly well.

Edited by Guest

You don't need the receipt - just the serial number and then you can send a personal message to sander to check.  Or contact support.ultimaker.com with the serial number in your message.  Hopefully you will get an answer within a day.  Or call them - they usually answer the phone during normal working hours Netherlands time and speak english incredibly well.

This is what I meant