Wall thickness doesn't apply to some layer

gloine

Posted · Wall thickness doesn't apply to some layer

Hello,

I am trying to slice an STL file with Cura 12.08. The problem I have is that my wall thickness setting doesn't apply to some (important) layer. Here is the model I want to print:

turbin1.jpg

The STL file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxctctzmx05k61j/turbin.stl

I changed the wall thickness setting to 12 mm to make a concentric top cover, to save me from dangling infill lines.

(This is the only option I've changed from the default. I need to handle retractions later to successfully print it though.)

Unfortunately, I have the following unexpected 111th layer.

turbin2.jpg

The 112th layer is fine as follows:

turbin3.jpg

The height of bottom layer is 1mm, the blades 21mm, and the top cover 1mm.

Any idea why this happens?

Thank you.

Regards,

Gloine

Posted · Wall thickness doesn't apply to some layer

I just digged into the skeinforge code and found that the following three lines in fill.py caused the problem (line 884-886):

if rotatedLayer.rotation != None:		extraShells = 0		self.distanceFeedRate.addLine('( %s )' % layerRotation)

It seems that if there is a layer which needs some bridging, skeinforge tries to move straight only. It makes sense in general but not for my case...

So I commented them out and now everything is fine.