Both side fans stopped working

finyan

Posted · Both side fans stopped working

Hello, both my side fans stopped working yesterday. I would like to replace them but :

_I don't know where to find replacement fans

_I wonder if the fact that both fans stopped at the same time doesn't that the problem may be different than just brokken fans

Please help me :D

Hi Finyan,

thank you for your post.

Do you have an Ultimaker 2, or Ultimaker Original?

Perhaps the connection got lose, and you don't need any new fans.

Where are you located?

Hi SandervG, thanks a lot for your answer! I have an UM2 and I live in France...

I also suspect a loss of connection but I'm not sure where to check

Hi Finyan,

thank you for your post.

Do you have an Ultimaker 2, or Ultimaker Original?

Perhaps the connection got lose, and you don't need any new fans.

Where are you located?

If your fan is broken, you could reach out to Makershop.

If you need local technical support, I would recommend to reach out to them too.

If you want to have a go at it yourself, you can roll up the black braided sleeve (shown here behind the bowden tube, but ignore the rest of the suggestions, because they are about a different topic).

Underneath that sleeve are a few connectors, and your fans are the black and red cable.

Is it loose?

If you are unsure, please take a picture.

Hey SandervG, I've rolled up the black braided sleeve and have noticed that the fans were disconnected. I've reconnected them and everything seems to be fine again!

Many many thanks!

• Like 1

Hey SandervG, I've rolled up the black braided sleeve and have noticed that the fans were disconnected. I've reconnected them and everything seems to be fine again!

Many many thanks!

Could you select the answer that helped you as Best Answer? This will help future readers to find the best solution asap, when they have a similar problem.

Thank you!