Ultimaker with Hot End V2 and possible colision fan/z-stage

tigrouxmaker

Posted · Ultimaker with Hot End V2 and possible colision fan/z-stage

As it said in the title :| :

I have assembled a 3D printer Ultimaker with the Hot end V2. :)

I don't actually think this is an hot end V2 issue but i don't know. :?

I was calibrating the head with the z-stage. 8-)

The z-stage was at the top. :roll:

When i get the header to go from left back side to right back side of the machine, there was a colision between the air flow controler (under the fan) and the z-stage. :cry:

I tried to move the limit switch but i can't make it go futher... :x

So this is what upset me. What if the header is going from the left back side to the right back side

and there is a colision between the air flow controler box and the z-stage ? :?:

May the head 'll be damaged... :evil:

I don't think it 'll append but there is a possibility...

Thanks for your attention and for yours answers.

regards,

TigrouxMaker

I don't think your head will be damaged. I managed to do the same when I got my printer half a year ago. It's still printing fine.

And this was with a V1 hotend, so it doesn't depend on the hotend used. You simply should avoid the far end of the Y axes at Z0. It's only a few mm I think. And it might depend on your fan shroud (there are many designs of these on thingiverse)

Thanks for your answer, i tought i was alone with this problem :'(

There is two solution. Get the limit switch futher (we need to drill the wood).

It is possible to modify the air flow controler too.