Anyone used MatterHackers 3.00MM PRO SERIES PLA ?

LePaul

Posted · Anyone used MatterHackers 3.00MM PRO SERIES PLA ?

I bought some black 3mm Pro Series Black and was thinking about giving it a try. Pro series is supposed to be tighter tolerances and the print temps looked lower than what I am used to...

The primary differences between the PRO and the standard are:

The PRO Series has slightly tighter tolerances (±0.05mm vs. ±0.07mm) and more precise ovality.

2.The PRO filament is more opaque in certain colors (i.e. red and blue are going to be fully opaque in the PRO and more translucent in the standard, whereas you won't see a massive difference in a color like black).

3.PRO Series is made in the USA.

I have an Ultimaker Original and thought it would be fun to try....but again, curious if someone else has used it already and what their opinion was

(And I'm trying to liven up the forum a bit!)

• 3 months later...

The black is very good and the results are a very, shiny black result. The photos I took of the Ultimaker robot in that black are hard to see...you'd think I printed gloss black paint

Like all filaments, you will need to find the sweet spot for temperature

Here's how it did the robot at the Ulticontroller defaults.

Again, remember how hard something shiny and black is to photograph.

IMG_8715.thumb.JPG.e7c303acb023ff26608d1e084ccab93e.JPG

I wouldn't say it came out bad...but I am so spoiled by ColorFabb's black PLA/PHA. On a scale of 1 to 10 , with 10 being awesome, I'd give it an 8. The finish isn't my favorite.

IMG_8715.thumb.JPG.e7c303acb023ff26608d1e084ccab93e.JPG