Machine is printing in the air

hawulim

Posted · Machine is printing in the air

KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-08-20-20-58-02_9.thumb.jpeg.aa07780694c622df0df1e1439bd77996.jpeg

Hi. Good Evening.

As of couple of days ago, I spotted that my machine was printing in the air.

When the printing begins, it prints normally, but as it proceeds, it has been hovering and printing in the air.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Any solutions or suggestions?

Any comments would be appreciated!!

KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-08-20-20-58-02_9.thumb.jpeg.aa07780694c622df0df1e1439bd77996.jpeg

Is the print bed lowering down to far during the print?

if not It could be under extrusion.

Thank you for your comment. I think the bed could be the problem. Sorry I am a total newbie. How would I fix this problem? I think this is happening since I upgraded the firmware to the latest version. Does this have anything to do with the bed lowering too fast?

I would think you would notice if the bed is moving to much.

Unless the step count was changed in the firmware then I dont think that would be the issue.

Try printing This It may help show what your issue may be.

Hi.

I have a new motherboard ultimaker 2 installed on a printer (Imprimante gravure fraisage 3 en 1) buy it from  http://www.interprinter.fr/fr/imprimante-3d-pour-particuliers/351-imprimante-gravure-fraisage-3-en-1.html?search_query=imprimante-gravure-fraisage-3-en-1&results=1

My problem

it start normally, and it printing in the air.

Any solutions or suggestions?

this solution https://www.youmagine.com/designs/tower-for-print-tests it is useless because i can not touch the bed when i start the printing

I have had this issue too but normal the nozzle jams and the print keeps going or the print comes off the glass.

Are you able to level the bed correctly? Did you make sure you loaded the correct firmware for your model of printer?

@mkoenig it sounds like you have a different issue all together. Did you replace your main board also?