Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Schweppes

Heated Chamber Error

Hi everyone,

Here is the issue.

20150830_022724.thumb.jpg.4e3576ea81d96dee92b2e563dbb82fd7.jpg

I build an Heated Chamber / sound isolated box for my Ultimaker Original +.

After 5 hours of printing. My printed object became a mess.

The chamber becomes actually pretty warm and i do not know what to do about it because i am a noob.

Has someone any suggestions??

Should I close the heated bed or add extra van? Do i need to tweak the settings or is it because of my bad bed-leveling build platform. I want to keep the Ultimaker in the heated chamber.

Here are the settings that i use for printing.

Untitled-2.thumb.png.c6a3bfa70cb3ffb752e53db67194fd82.png

20150830_022724.thumb.jpg.4e3576ea81d96dee92b2e563dbb82fd7.jpg

Untitled-2.thumb.png.c6a3bfa70cb3ffb752e53db67194fd82.png

Im no pro so ill just chime in having the same model as you.

I use a brim with PLA and is has always seemed to help with bed adhesion. If I remember correctly PLA is not a big fan of heat chambers and that might be something more for ABS. In either case it would be a good idea to make sure the chamber is regulated evenly. You may not need a fan just simply a vent so the heated air will not continue to stack on itself and make the camber hotter than you need.

If I where you I would try another print then take some ambient temperature readings with thermometer.  Something that can reach over 100c would be a good idea. Then adjust your vent to get a good level temperature. Im guessing anything above 60c will not work well for PLA but maybe one of the Pro's can chime in on this.

Edited by Guest