Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
grebre

This is how i 100% solved my oozing problem

in my work i have prints with 5 - 10 objects and for the print head retracting and moving from one object to the other

made a lot of oozing on all parts .

so yesterday i put a chair near the printer and watched it ozz wile it is printing . and have seen that if the material on the spool have a bit of slack just a bit then the oozing will be less .

so i stopped the print , looked behind the printer and tried to turn the spool on the spool holder . but i felt a light resistant . nothing obvious but really slight resistant as the plastic of the spool have much contact surface on the spool holder which made more friction . "and being a fisherman in heart and soul " i got my fishing reel lubrication oil and i i lubricated the reel holder . just 3 or 4 drops . and the spool is turning like charm .

fired the ultimaker2 again and noticed that the oozing this time is 80 - 90 % less .

but 80-90 % is not good enough . so i watched it again while it was printing and this time for over an hour .

but i have noticed that the bowden tube was arched more than it should be . more investigations into this mater .

and i have found out that the pla material in it is making this pressure on the bowden tube . because of the memory of the wind it had in the spool .

so best thing i thought of is to reverse the direction of spool but that will brake it . and the closest thing i got to a wire straitner is that i have taken the spool from the back of the ultimaker2 and but it in its side . so the bend in the pla while it is getting in is against the bend in the bowden tube . so this made as a makeshift straitener . i used some old fishing reel bearings on a makeshift spool stand.

fired up the ultimaker2 again and this time no oozing what so ever . nothing 0 nada ..... :) 5 prints after that still 0 oozing .

hope this can help .