Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
k5o52

Changed my start gcode in Cura. Why does it stop halfway?

Hi guys,

First off, kudos for building a nice and easy to use program. Recently I have been using Cura coming from Repetier host and Simplify3D to slice and connect to my Printrbot Metal Simple.

I have been struggling to get my custom gcode working on Cura. I runs through the code halfway and then stops responding at all. The Printrbot heats up as with the original Cura code and stops after it raises it nozzle. FYI; I attached the original PrintrBot gcode start sequence and the custom one.

Original code

G21        ;metric valuesG90        ;absolute positioningM82        ;set extruder to absolute modeM107       ;start with the fan offG28 X0 Y0 Z0 ;move X/Y to min endstopsG29G1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed} ;move the platform down 15mmG92 E0                  ;zero the extruded lengthG1 F{travel_speed}

Custom gcode

M104 S[extruder0_temperature]; set extruder temperatureM140 S[bed1_temperature]; set bed temperatureG21 ; set units to millimetersG28 X0 Y0 Z0 ;home x and yG29 ;auto level on z axisG1 F1000 Z50 ; raise nozzle for hand-wipe preheat droolM109 S[extruder0_temperature]; wait for extruder temperature to be reachedM190 S[bed1_temperature]; wait for bed temperature to be reachedM83 ; set extruder to relative coordinatesG1 E30 F300 ; purge nozzleG4 P5000 ; dwell (wait) 5 seconds so I can wipe nozzle.M82 ; set extruder to absolute absolute coordinates

Edited by Guest

Yep, switching back to the original code resolves the problem. All the other variables are the same, so I can safely say that the problem lies in the gcode.

I haven't seen the brackets, so let me get back to you on that. The brackets are exactly at the moment I suspect the printer crashes/gets stuck. The G1 command to raise the nozzle works, but then nothing happens.