Orientation of support/tips for settings

Titus

Posted (edited) · Orientation of support/tips for settings

Is it possible to change the orientation of the support? I have an object I want to print in a certain orientation due to cooling of details/tiny overhangs. However when I print it in that orientation the support is build as 1 straight line up, which at some point trips over the print :(

Let me link the file: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:962337

I was trying to test if it would print nicely without overhang first by just lowering the object into the build plate, only printing the top part of the cirkel, but it was quite ugly without support.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Orientation of support/tips for settings

rotating the object 90/45 degrees.

I wanted to orientate my object in such a way for the cooling reason, therefor I can't rotate it :(

Also, not sure if this will work or if this is the way it should be, the support seems to float?

Capture.thumb.PNG.ac621b92d1ac07eeb9bda6c6779ed7a6.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.ac621b92d1ac07eeb9bda6c6779ed7a6.PNG