Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
somewhereinla

Problems with ultimaker2 hardware/software ?

I am having new problems with my Ultimaker2. I am trying to feed new filament in.

I go to the menu, go to "maintenance"—"Advance"—"insert material" and then it crashes and immediately restarts.

I have tried other fiction that relates to material, and overtime it crashes and immediately restarts.

However moving the plate around is no problem, it works fine...?

Also the on/off button in the back doesn't seem to work as well, if I turn it off, all it does is dim the led lights. It has to be unplugged...

So far I re-installed CURA and re-installed to firmware. The install went fine, but the same problem persist after that.

Any ideas?

One more detail: This particular printer hasn't been used for a few month, but it was properly stored, in it's original box in a storage room, and worked fine before that.

Please let me know what the next step is.

cheers.

I found the problem.

There seem to be a short with the servo that drives the filament. I unplugged it and replugged it after taking the board out, and it seems be working again. The board probably has a fail safe, that forces everything to shut down and reboot when it feels there is a short… Which why it only shut down with commands that controlled that particular servo.

cheers.