Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
edis

Cura 15.04.2 generates print path that ruins print

Hi,

I am trying to print spiral vase. I use cura 15.04.2. Everything looks fine, except every few layers, cura creates a path for a print head to move back to start point..

This rapid movement back, goes in a path, that create some strings (retraction does not happen, even though it's set to 1.5mm). After some layers, print head just gets stuck to some of these strings and then steppers loose their steps and the print is ruined.

Capture.thumb.JPG.030cf9e45ff818af9bbce8da9c4d4709.JPG

Is there any solution to this problem? I can't find a way to change that. Tried printing slower still same problem..

Capture.thumb.JPG.030cf9e45ff818af9bbce8da9c4d4709.JPG

I've tried cura 14.01 - no changes, it still generates rapid movements from one side of the print to start point allong these narow ribs, this will again create strings that will eventually block heads movement and steppers will loose their steps..

Capture.thumb.JPG.0de05337390672ed48637fdb0dd784be.JPG

Any other ideas? Is this fixable at all? I cant print this

Capture.thumb.JPG.0de05337390672ed48637fdb0dd784be.JPG

Could you give a try with my stl file and see if this happens as well? Like i've wrote before - i scale only Z to 150 mm.

It's exactly my file ... Spiral-02 :D

But, if I scale down to 150mm ... I can't print (... probably because of my other settings and because I'm using a 0.6 nozzle)

Anyway is never a good idea to scale an STL file ... you must preferably start from the 3D model and scale the model, then export in STL ;)

Guglielmo