Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ceramicbullet

Filament Grinding

Hey all, I'm having an extrusion issue with this Ultimaker 2 Extended. The filament seems to be grinding, and the only way I can get anything to extrude is if I push the filament into the feeder... hard.

First I tried to adjust the little bolt which changes the feeder tension. The white lever was already all the way at the top (indicating it was at its loosest setting), but it was still adjustable. I tried turning it in either direction to find the tension indicator does not move. I cleaned out the feeder mechanism (to find lots of ground up ABS), and ended up taking it apart and putting it back together again. The tension lever does not move. I'm not sure what I should o here. It seems something is wrong with the tension lever, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Has anyone else experienced this? How can I make sure the tension is at the right setting if the lever isn't moving?

EDIT:

The filament doesn't seem to grind when I print via SD card, it seems to only do this when printing via USB.

Edited by Guest