Education

msurunner

Alright so here's my thought: I'm a highschool teacher using my Ultimaker in the classroom right now to showcase 3D printing and the ability to test and model designs with it. I think it would be very cool if there are others out there with similar usage of their tools to share the ideas/lessons they are using their Ultimakers for. For instance, I'm currently working on a bridge design unit where I will print and test to failure the students designs on the Ultimaker. I'm also designing the "testbed" to be printed on the Ultimaker. If this collaborative sharing works, I'm more than willing to share my ideas and designs here with anyone else. This forum seems to be the best opportunity to engage others who may have ideas on what to use the Ultimaker and it's potential in the classroom. Please share some ideas! Thanks!!!

While not directly related to education, I think it's pretty cool if we have more tools to create objects in an easy way. Designing 3D objects is pretty hard for most people. But if you would have an interface like "pontifex" (game in which you design bridges) to simply make bridges would make more objects possibilities accessible for more people.

That seems like a cool program Diad, I'll have to check it out a bit more. I'm using West Point Bridge Designer for my class right now and having one of my advanced drafting kids helping to convert the bridge print outs into

AutoCAD extrusions of the spans, thus it teaches my Tech Ed kids some design skills and allows for practical application in my drafting class (not to mention helps keep me from getting overloaded with extra drawings to create).