Tips on Saving Money with your Ultimaker !!

ian

Posted · Tips on Saving Money with your Ultimaker !!

Tips on Saving Money with your Ultimaker !!

With time and experience with my two ultimakers (office and now home) I have learned a few tips on saving a euro here and there with my daily printing.

Thought this would be a nice topic.

Saving a few cents and euros was never a bad idea. ;-)

Best wishes.

Ian :D

(tip 1) only cover your print bed with blue tape, where you are going to print.

its just stupid when you print a small little play thing and rip up a full lenght of blue tape for some thing smaller than a 1 euro coin.

(2) Think before you print ? Do you need 100 percent infill ?

When i started printing, i printed every thing with 100 percent infill. dont ask me why, i just did.

Its a huge waste of material, time and money. Think about how your product will be used and also from examples, how strong PLA is any way, you dont need so much.

(3) Get yourself a ulticontroller and not a new computer !

Really, save space, money and head aches, no more usb cable delay. buy it, it will save your sanity and some money.

I often will leave the printer running overnight or during the day (after watching the first 5miniutes).

Buy a plugsocket/timer as usually used for making your lights turn on at certain times when you go on

holiday or so on. Then if you have a 2 hour print overnight you can make the machine switch off

when its done. Best to do this on parts done before so you know the print time.

Can save some electricity.

I often will leave the printer running overnight or during the day (after watching the first 5miniutes).

Buy a plugsocket/timer as usually used for making your lights turn on at certain times when you go on

holiday or so on. Then if you have a 2 hour print overnight you can make the machine switch off

when its done. Best to do this on parts done before so you know the print time.

Can save some electricity.

You could try this http://daid.eu/blag/2012/07/03/ultimaker-suicide/