speedy555

UMO+/UM2 fan speed controler broken/shorted

Posted · UMO+/UM2 fan speed controler broken/shorted

hi so yes that happend i shorted my UMO+ speed controller and now the pwm fan output is giving 24v all the time

no way to turn it down i used the preheat config to change the fan speed but still 24v

i need help because i dont want to pay an other 300 euro to replace the board

thx

just found out that is was the fan of the UMO+ that was broken en that shorted out my board i hope i can get a replacemant

If the cooling fan it's always on, the first think that dies it's the transistor

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/11366-cooling-fan-always-on-umo-update-now-voltage-its-0

It's isn't really easy to change, but I learned the hard way with a friend to do it and I have change it 3 times (crossing fingers).

Read the post and also check my other post, at the end you will see photos of the transistor took off and the new installed. It's a very cheap part and if you don't know how to do it the first time I payed 30-40€ to a guy to do it for me (cheaper than a new board).

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/17214-fan-pwm-output-0v-umo-board-solved-not-solved-?page=last

Also, you could change the cooling fan connection to the led pwm, it has the same circuit, but to use it you need to rebuild the firmware and change the pins.h of the board.