UMO+/UM2 fan speed controler broken/shorted

speedy555

Posted · UMO+/UM2 fan speed controler broken/shorted

hi so yes that happend i shorted my UMO+ speed controller and now the pwm fan output is giving 24v all the time

no way to turn it down i used the preheat config to change the fan speed but still 24v

i need help because i dont want to pay an other 300 euro to replace the board

thx

Posted · UMO+/UM2 fan speed controler broken/shorted

If the cooling fan it's always on, the first think that dies it's the transistor

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/11366-cooling-fan-always-on-umo-update-now-voltage-its-0

It's isn't really easy to change, but I learned the hard way with a friend to do it and I have change it 3 times (crossing fingers).

Read the post and also check my other post, at the end you will see photos of the transistor took off and the new installed. It's a very cheap part and if you don't know how to do it the first time I payed 30-40€ to a guy to do it for me (cheaper than a new board).

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/17214-fan-pwm-output-0v-umo-board-solved-not-solved-?page=last

Also, you could change the cooling fan connection to the led pwm, it has the same circuit, but to use it you need to rebuild the firmware and change the pins.h of the board.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies