SD cards, what about them?

superace

Posted · SD cards, what about them?

Hi

This is not really for UM printers but there are plenty of brain power connected to this forum that may know the answer :)

Have anyone also noticed that all SD cards are not equal? I have bought several SD cards in different batches from different suppliers and different brands. Sometimes these work brilliant in the printer I have but some times they can not be accessed by the printer. All works well when used with a PC but some just do not like being in a printer.

Does anyone have any ideas why? Has anyone seen similar problems using SD cards in UM printers?

I have seen this for some other embedded products too so I really would like to know why.

Thanks!

Posted · SD cards, what about them?

I think it comes down to the size (and possibly the class) of the SD cards. I think on the UM2 you can go up to 4GB but for the UMO it was 1GB. I am not entierely sure about those numbers though, but I remember there was something about them.