Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
RetroGlyph

Variables for Filename as well as Scale in XYZ

Hi,

I use Cura as my slicer and Repetier-Host to print. I was wondering if it would be possible to include in the start.code the filename, as well as some of the adjustable parameters, like scale. I am thinking something like this:

;{filename}

;Scale X {scaleX} Y {scaleY} Z {scaleZ}

Purpose of filename. Repetier-Host displays the gcode, but it does not display the filename. While the "Sliced at day date time" definitely provides a clue that I have loaded the correct gcode, being able to see the filename in the gcode would allow the user to know exactly which gcode is loaded.

I understand that at the moment that the gcode is being created, that Cura doesn't yet know the name that the gcode will be saved as. However, Cura might know the name of the model that was loaded.

Purpose of scale in gcode. Example: I recently printed a box. Loaded the model into Cura and scaled it up X? Y? Z?. It printed nicely. Later, I made a model to fit inside the box. I loaded it into Cura. Oh dang... what were those scaling factors again? Had I been able to include the scale of the original box in the gcode, I'd have been able to scale the new model to fit.

Is it possible to find the name of these variables and include them in the Start.gcode?

Thank you

Steve