Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Plushberry

Clogged Nozzle?

I think the nozzle may be clogged becuase my prints are not staying on the build plate and the layers are not filling in correctly. I just printed a large object that took about a day and a half to complete in the colorfabb glow in the dark filament. I was going to start printing out the torque wrench to install the olson block but that's when i noticed the lack of print quality compares to previous prints. The large print came out just about fine but now the prints arent coming out at all.

Glow fill is very abrasive and you may have worn out your nozzle. You need to use hard nozzles when using glow fill.

You can do an atomic pull to clean out any blockages in the nozzle if needed.

i figured it out, the build plate was just not calibrated. afterwards ive printed many things with the glow fill and it works pretty well. now unfortunately the fillament has broken off inside the feeding tube and im not sure how to get it out.

I am having trouble getting the tube disconnected, i tried following the dissasembly instructions but the tube is giving me alot of resistance

from what end are you struggling with?

From the head, if you heat up the nozzle first then, loosen the 4 thumb screws. this makes it easier to come out if filament is stuck.

I am having trouble getting the tube disconnected, i tried following the dissasembly instructions but the tube is giving me alot of resistance

from what end are you struggling with?

From the head, if you heat up the nozzle first then, loosen the 4 thumb screws. this makes it easier to come out if filament is stuck.

I was having trouble with both ends, but i didn't try loosening the thumb screws so ill try that next time.

If you loosen the thumb screws it allows you to push the bowden down a bit which can loosen it from the grip.

I was still having trouble with taking the tube out so i just fed it with more filament untill the broken end had been pushed out.