Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
MERU

Cura won't slice de flat layers

Hi,

I'm new on this forum, so I hope I can provide all the information needed to find the solution for my problem. I've been looking around and I couldn't find anything that worked for me.

All the archives I load to Cura don't slice properly, and the flat layers don't appear. I upload some pictures so you can see what happens. If I change the position of the figure, those layers appears, so I think the problem isn't they are too thin. I've tried with my own 3D models and with some from thingiverse, and those ones had photos of the printed result.

Thanks for your help.

5a331842d9dc9_Capturadepantalla2016-02-14alas20_34_38.png.98d717edf45a43c31d7d366910eeff58.png5a33184329b5b_Capturadepantalla2016-02-14alas20_36_26.thumb.png.5f4b7e99e0ad363ef4a4648a10cce688.png5a3318430b5d0_Capturadepantalla2016-02-14alas20_36_01.thumb.png.73803db50e7320272bd295cad62a21f9.png5a33184353196_Capturadepantalla2016-02-14alas20_36_05.thumb.png.ec024be8895104edf09588b45671c3a6.png

The layers are there ;), Cura only shows the top ten layers accurate (as a brighter red outside color, the infill also disappears in the other layers)

If you position your model flat and scroll through the layers you will see that every layer is there.

The choice of rotation to print your model will influence the print quality, this model can be printed both ways.

If you print this laying down the domes will have visible lines, steps, showing. When printed sideways the dome can be very smooth, depending on your layer height setting; a 0.06 layer height is very fine, 0.2 is course.

The difference between the to is that the top appearance will always show the size of the nozzle, were the sides can be adjusted with the later height.

Print it both ways and look at the difference....

Edited by Guest