a question about Cura checks after assembly

nab

Posted · a question about Cura checks after assembly

hi all,

I've just assembled my Ultimaker, and unfortunately, it seems like the front-left & front-right are still reversed on their labels on the bottom of the Ultimaker.

so, now (after reversing the connections) when I run Cura's firt time wizard and it asks me to click on the front-left limit switch, it work properly and asks for the next switch.

anyway, my real confusion and problem arises when it asks me to click on the "TOP" limit switch, if i press it, nothing happens, but when i press the bottom switch, the "next" button becomes enabled !!

so in the checks, does "TOP" mean the actual switch on top (therefore I should reverse the switch connections for top & bottom) or does it actually mean the switch on the bottom (which according to the console, sets the z_max) ?

I tried again today, and it seems like after it asks me to press top, it actually proceeds to ask me to push the bottom trigger.

however, as a programmer I can say the the problem lies with the label having a fixed size and not allowing for another line to be displayed.

so, the problem was that it probably gave me a line about waiting for the heater to cool down & this line made the "press the switch on bottom" disappear, which made me think it was reacting to Top being pushed when I was actually pushing the switch on bottom.

thanks for the response Daid, but it all worked out fine :D

Edit:

now that I've run through the first run wizard, I can't print

I load a file & slice it, and then press on print GCode & the dialog appears, and the temperature is showing, but only the connect button is enabled, the other buttons and everything in "Jog" is disabled.

is it correct to consider "Term" as a log ? do I need to paste it here ?

downloading 12.10 RC4 as I edit this post, will try it and post back if the problem is gone.

Edit 2:

while using Cura 12.10 RC4, if I press Print (after preparing the file) nothing happens.

the mouse turns to the "loading" sign for a second then returns to normal, but nothing happens (no new dialog, no sound on the printer or anything.

note: while trying 12.08, everytime I press "connect" on the print dialog, I hear some sound from the printer and then it stops.

note 2: in cura 12.10rc4, if i show the log after preparing the robot file that came as an example, it has some warnings in there. (I also tried printing a model that didn't have warning, still didn't print)

also, a (hopefully) trivial note: in 12.08, under the "term" tab in the print dialog, it said

echo: Last Updated: Marlin-Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:33:42 +0200 - b67dacdc8f1bd489e058e16d92ba29c364b2a8e5 |

even though I updated it today 6-Nov-2012.

however, I have the date in my system set as dd/mm/yyyy.

just wanted to mention this in case it crashes the software when the day becomes > 13 !!

The marlin date is when the firmware was build. So that's fine.

If you want to test something for me, can you try opening the installation folder of Cura 12.10_RC4, and there should be a cura.bat there. If you run Cura that way you'll have an extra debug window. When you press print, does anything show in there?

(The auto-detection of baudrate/serial port has a few bugs in 12.08, which is most likely why it does not work)

nothing shows on the debug window.

I tried to load, then prepare then pressed print, but none of the steps printed anything on the debug window.

I also tried running the first time wizard and the checks in it, still nothing was printed on the debug window (ran the tests until it asked me to push the trigger switches, then i cancelled it)