lbullerman

Used nozzle worth saving?

Posted · Used nozzle worth saving?

I've acquired an UM2 with my new job. We've done some printing, played around, and had some strange issues -- material would simply stop extruding, feeder would be clicking away. So, I figured since I had a spare hot-end kit, I might as well at least replace the PTFE coupler. I've just taken the thing apart, and found that the nozzle had quite a coating of burnt media up on the nozzle block itself (nozzle was clean, as we'd cleaned it a few times). I was also unable to extract the temp sensor from the nozzle block (heater came out fine). So, it was quite the teardown to pull the sensor cable all the way out and get it replaced, but it's done. I'm wondering if the nozzle block is warped and should be tossed, or if it's worth cleaning up and saving as a emergency spare (I'll be ordering new hot end spares, too). Has anyone come across this issue?