Vase Base Holes problem

DaHai8

Posted (edited) · Vase Base Holes problem

I've got holes in the base of any Vase I print. Regular prints don't have this problem.

I've been pounding my head against this for 3 hours and I can't figure it out.

Older gcode vase files work fine. So obviously I've screwed something up in Cura, but I just can't find it.

When it prints the base, it seems like its skipping every other row - see photo.

I've included all the config screens.

To print a vase, I go to Expert screen and check "Spiralize the outer contour" and uncheck "Solid infill top" - that' all.

I sure hope somebody can tell me what I've done wrong, or tell me where to look, or ask for more info - it's just driving me insane!

P.S. I've also tried "Fill Density" of 0% and 15 - no difference.

Thanks!

Vase.jpg

Basic.png

Advanced.png

Expert.png

Machine.png

Plugins.png

Edited by Guest

Posted · Vase Base Holes problem

Found the solution here:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/6508-spiralize-black-art

I forgot that you must set the "Shell Thickness" to the same size as the "Nozzle Size"

In Vase Mode (Spiralize the outer contour) it assumes the shell thickness is the size you want the walls In A Single Pass! So it was pushing out tons of filament and moving the head over 1.2mm to compensate. Needless to say, that don't work well.

Just as a suggestion for the next release: Please include in the balloon help that the Shell Thickness must be the same as the Nozzle Size when Spiralize checked.

Thanks!

P.S. I discovered this after Nuking my entire Cura installation (include Registry and hidden folders) and doing a complete/new install. Oh well...