Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
mastory

What Gcodes are inserted by "pauseatZ" plugin?

Some background:

I am trying to make a calibration print that involves printing a series of small 1 layer parts, pausing to allow adjustment to the machine, re-zero and print the same parts again with a X position offset. Repeat a few times to allow fine tuning. The print result will be a small array of discs near each of the leveling points. This will be a tool to fine tune Z leveling and Z switch position. I recognize that to do this, I am going to have to manually edit the gcode to reiterate the parts copies with position offsets.

To get a Gcode as a source to start with, I want to set Cura up to slice with some basic settings, and to pause after the first (and only) layer is printed. I have attempted a couple versions of Cura, the latest of which 15.04.4. I have been unable to identify what codes are inserted into the Gcode to trigger and release the pause. From searching the code, I'm not sure anything is being inserted. The 'pause at Z' documentation I have found is not highly technical.

Can someone shed some light on how 'Pause at Z' works with more technical detail? Am I trying to do something that is not permitted by the way the plugin works? Is there a preferred Cura version, and PauseatZ version that I would have better luck with?

For reference, I will be running this on my UMO.

Thanks.