Cura slow in Finder, Slice failure? accidental Gcode view

yzorg

Posted · Cura slow in Finder, Slice failure? accidental Gcode view

Hi Guys

Three things..

OS

I noticed since tha last upgrade for Cura the OS dialogs have gotten realy slow. Takes several seconds before the content of a folder is displayed.. Other Apps dont even need 0.01 second to show all folder content.

I recently got an SSD and everything getting slower again realy bugs me.

Slice..

I sliced the Pressurepen.stl multiple times to compare how the gcode filled the walls.

So i was adjusting the Layercounter to see beween some layers.

After that i changed some (infill) parameters and resliced. (didnt set the Layercounter back to 0)

Now after the slice finished i got my gcode, but it was somehow animated... layers kept blend in, up to the point where i was looking into the layers before. then it stopped.

somehow cura remenbered this setting and reproduced it.

WTF..

Now i cleared Cura s Gcodes away, reloaded the .stl and tried again..

I know the .stl is not perfectly healthy but it printed fine earlier.

Look what i got...

5a330d15d6d18_250fpvracequadrev1.0.thumb.jpg.b8987d0c1970c048c9eae9a0657a85be.jpg

i got this strange Gcode disc hovering in my print.

Sadly i actually cant reproduce that until now

but i still have that gcode and a screenshot.

Does anybody else has superslow OS dialogs ?

i have that definitvely since last Cura upgrade.. before, all dialogs(open and save) were lightning fast!

i didnt had a gcode error since..

Most likely, this is not new. It's the background GCode loader. It's loading the GCode file of the model you opened, in the background. This can cause some noticeable slowdowns.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you maybe add a ticking box in the preferences of cura, so it starts with a new empty editor if wanted.

not loading anything in background...