Hacking BFB3000 endstop problem

Posted · Hacking BFB3000 endstop problem

I'm currently replacing the BFB electronics of a BFB3000 with an Ultimaker 1.5.6 pcb.

Keeping the old frame, motors, sensors and wiring of the BFB3000.

I stumbled upon a problem with reading out the endstops. :?

The endstops are reed contacts, but the cables run along the wiring of the stepper motors.

The Ultimaker endstop connectors take up some interference from the stepper motors.

This was no problem with the BFB board, because the sensors had a small network with 2 resistors and a capacitor.

What could this schematic be and look like?

Further twisting the cables (they are only partially twisted) could bring a solution, but I'm wondering if an network could also solve my problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

NIce Hack!

would love to do that to our Schoolprinter.. also a BFB3000.

you could try to use shielded cables and rewire all endstops.. but i know that could be a longer task to do.

Thers also this sticky shielding mesh you could buy and wrap the endstop cables.

http://www.hollandshielding.com/223-R_F

... eld-en.htm

I had some interference problems on my ultimaker.

got lot of old usb cables around so i chopped them up an rewired all endstops and all additionnal fans on my Ultimaker. no problems since.

You could try twisting or shielding. Else you could enable the "ENDSTOPS ONLY FOR HOMING" feature in the firmware, this will ignore the endstops during normal printing, which could damage your machine, but it will never ruin a print because of EMI.