Laser Pack received different from the ones shown in wiki

yourexpressions

Posted · Laser Pack received different from the ones shown in wiki

Hello,

I am in the process of assembling the recently purchased Ultimaker.

The 4mm laser sheet described here (http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Laser_Pack_v1.0) seems different from the one I received: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u10jpyg9ianqvt1/20121121_105527.jpg

I do not have the parts 7B and 7C to assemble the X-Y motors for example: http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Ultimaker_rev.3_assembly:_X_%26_Y_motors

Are there different assembly instructions I should use or did I get the wrong parts?

The assembly instructions where not updated for some changes in the kit, they will be soon.

Instead of the 7X parts you need to use the little black spacers. They are these black round things of 11mm in length.

(Note: This change was done to reduce noise)

A few other changes where done at the filament drive, but this should assemble the same, just look slightly different. This will also cause a noise reduction, and will make it easier to open/close the filament drive.

Thanks for the tip. But I only found white little spacers. 4 each of slightly different size. 4 are just round tubes, the other 4 are hex shapes with threats inside:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ealtjeu69idm2jv/20121121_124336.jpg

Are those correct and if so how do I use them exactly, since 4 are longer than the other 4.

Edit: Never mind, found the 8 black spacer pieces. Thanks.

Hi all,

I've just received my kit in france last monday.

After 6 hours of work, i've just have to do the wiring and here we go. This just to say that everything went really well and the kit is really well done.

In my kit i have both 7x parts and black motor spacer. I've used the 7x parts as in the assembly instruction.

Can you confirm me it's better to change them for the black spacer?

Can you confirm me it's better to change them for the black spacer?

Functional it will do the same, the only difference is that the black spacers reduce noise a bit compared to the wooden ones. My machine is running over a year with the wood 7x spacers just fine.