Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Katstr

Ultimaker 2 not extruding Filament

Hello, I'm new to printing in 3D and grateful for any advice.

We have a Ultimaker 2 at our office, which is a little over a year old, but hardly used. Not more than 50 hours of printing (probably less). I started my first print, a simple shape, and it was printing fine for about 10 min, when the filament stopped to come out. As we haven't used it for ages, I thought that the nozzle might be blocked and tried to clean it out with the Atomic Method, about 15 times, during which Filament comes out. The pulled out Filament looks clean and cone-shaped, but with a few air holes in it.

After reinserting the Filament (PLA), it still doesn't come out, but the feeder started to make a loud hitting sound.

Any suggestions?

Hi and welcome to the community

The feeder is skipping back (the loud hitting sound you are hearing).

Can you please share the settings? It might be that you are asking to print to fast or to extrude to much for the printer to handle. The first layers are normally printed slowly that's why it would show up after a couple of minutes.