Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
danilius

Toothbrush holder

20160426_181958.thumb.jpg.007de2c015e3957163a3ed08827d5f04.jpg

You can download it from YouMagine here: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/toothy-toothbrush-holder

Printed in ABS without any shielding whatsoever. All I do is coat the bed in ABS juice, start printing at 75C and have the TweakAtZ plugin raise the temperature to 110C from the second layer onwards. That way I don't have to wait ages for the bed to warm up. I do use brims, usually 10 or 20 lines depending on the model. In this case I used 20 since the bed contact area is so small. I have printed a few of these, and they take 4 hours with a 0.8mm nozzle, 0.4mm layer height, 5% infill, and around 60mm/s, twice the time obviously at 0.2mm layer height.

If any of the moderators are reading this, I won't be using the 3D print upload form until:

1) I am not forced to enter anything, but get to choose what information I supply or don't. It's my model, my effort, and my time. When those requirements have changed and item 2 has been fixed, I will use it again.

2) I'm on Ubuntu 15.04 using Chrome. My pictures won't upload now to the 3D print form. Not having all the time in the world, I tried twice with the same result. So, I abandoned that effort, along with the considerations mentioned in item 1.

20160426_181958.thumb.jpg.007de2c015e3957163a3ed08827d5f04.jpg