Print head won't heat after cancelled print

billdempsey

Posted · Print head won't heat after cancelled print

Here's what's happening:

I loaded a file in Cura, prepare printed, then printed. The print head heated to 220, then started moving as if it was printing. The filament wasn't anywhere near the head, so no plastic came out. I figured this out, and cancelled the print. The print head immediately started cooling.

So, I move the filament up to the head by turning the wheel manually. Then, I tell it to print again. Same as before, the dialog changed to the temperature display. It still shows 220 for the target temp, but my print head is not heating up. The display on my UltiController shows it sitting at 37 degrees and not moving. Nothing else is happening. Cura is just stuck at the printing dialog with a horizontal pink area showing a steady temperature over time.

If the print head has already been heated up for a print that was cancelled, Cura seems to lose track or lose control of the heat settings after that point.