Cannot print using OctoPrint or Astro Print

sommer

Posted · Cannot print using OctoPrint or Astro Print

Hey everyone,

I am trying to print wirlessly to my Ultimaker 2+.

I tried OctoPrint and Astro Print on my Rasberry Pi 2 and both of them work and everything responds properly but I can't print.

The manual moving works, upload file ect. But not printing.

When I print the head moves in the setup of the file but the tray stays on the bottom and doesn't raise to the top and nothing comes out of the extruder on the top. This has happened on both the OctoPrint and Astro Print leading me to believe it is something on the Ultimaker side.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you all so much in advance!

- Ben

Hi and welcome

I don't know about Astro print but it's probably the same.

For Octoprint you need to change the gcode flavor, from UltiGcode to reprap, when you change this you have two new tabs that will appear in Cura start.gcode and end.gcode, these are called at the beggining of the print and the end (obviously), and it's the place where you can set up proper priming etc...

• 7 months later...

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues. For what it is worth I am using AstroPrint and my prints and workflow of prints is much easier to manage. But still learning G-Codes and also making sure I use the REPRAP/Marlin all the way from Cura to Slicing in Astro (if I needed).

For what it is worth, I'd firstly connect the Printer Via usb to a PC, Open Cura and push a firmware update. Then print a SD based job. Maybe even copy an existing job from Astro to the SD and try. Then go back to your topology and try..

Hope all or some of this helps. :)