Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Stringman

Cura 2.1.2 in OS X 10.9.5 sketchy

Parallel to the problem with running Cura 2.1.2 in 32 bit Windows, it *does* run on my Core 2 Duo iMac with 12 Gb RAM . . . sometimes. And then sometimes it gets only as far as "setting up scenes", and then it hangs. This new version of Cura doesn't appear to have a log file in the user app directories like the version 15* instances keep. When I kill the hung application, I can ask for a log of what happened, but it's pretty huge.

Interestingly, additional "sketchiness": sometimes I can get 2.1.2 to run on my Mac, but when I'm viewing in "layers" mode - sometimes I can see all the layers, but other times, when I scroll to some of the bottom layers, the object disappears and straight lines of many colors are drawn all over my screen. Very pretty, but not very useful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 24 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 23 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!