Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
s3m

my ideas for in a update for cura

A stack option for stacking objects so you can print in 2+ colors with single nozzle

how it works: 1 you make 2+ parts of your design in each a color

2 stack them

3 select print one at time option

4 set pauses in gcode at the different colors

5 chance the color on the right layer

anti crash mode

if you are printing cura with usb on a slow pc/mac cura will crash often.

custom infill patterns

Edited by Guest

Stacking objects is already possible in 2.1. We have improved the behavior for the upcoming release (Able to translate objects after they are merged)

Due to it's unstable nature we advise against using the USB printing. There are just too many factors that we have no control over that can break this.

What exactly do you mean by custom infill patterns? We (read; BagelOrb, the main slice / engine guy did this in his spare time) have added a few new infill patterns for the next release (including a 3D infill pattern and a variable infill pattern)