How do I launch Cure with a specified file.

JoeJJJ3js

Posted · How do I launch Cure with a specified file.

I have a program that I want to call cura and load it with a specific .stl file.

is it just cura.exe c:\filepath\filename.stl

Also where can I find documentation on available switches that I can set at the command line when I launch cura?

Posted · How do I launch Cure with a specified file.

Do you mean cura or the cura engine?

In case of cura; cura filename.stl

In case of curaEngine;

CuraEngine slice [-v] [-p] [-j ] [-s =] [-g] [-e] [-o ] [-l ] [--next] -v       Increase the verbose level (show log messages). -p       Log progress information. -j       Load settings.def.json file to register all settings and their defaults. -s =       Set a setting to a value for the last supplied object,        extruder train, or general settings.                                                                                                                                                                -l        Load an STL model.                                                                                                                                                                                  -g                                                                                                                                                                                                              Switch setting focus to the current mesh group only.                                                                                                                                                      Used for one-at-a-time printing.                                                                                                                                                                    -e       Switch setting focus to the extruder train with the given number.                                                                                                                                   --next                                                                                                                                                                                                          Generate gcode for the previously supplied mesh group and append that to                                                                                                                                  the gcode of further models for one-at-a-time printing.                                                                                                                                             -o        Specify a file to which to write the generated gcode.                                                                                                                                              The settings are appended to the last supplied object:CuraEngine slice [general settings]        -g [current group settings]        -e0 [extruder train 0 settings]        -l obj_inheriting_from_last_extruder_train.stl [object settings]        --next [next group settings]       ... etc.In order to load machine definitions from custom locations, you need to create the environment variable CURA_ENGINE_SEARCH_PATH, which should contain all search paths delimited by a (semi-)colon.